Tuesday, June 7, 2011

"Spread the Word!"


When Jake and Elwood Blues get the band back together, they set out to spread the word of their big show, the show that would raise the money needed for the orphanage. They did this by strapping a ginormous megaphone to the top of the Bluesmobile and driving all around the town promoting themselves to all they drove past.


Do we spread God's word as Jake and Elwood did? Do we "strap on a megaphone" when we want to tell someone about Christ?

The Bible tells us, “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” Matthew 28:19 “And because of you, the Lord's message has spread everywhere in those regions. Now the news of your faith in God is known all over the world.” 1 Thessalonians 1:8

We have opportunities everyday to spread the news of Jesus Christ. We need to be ready to tell someone when we are faced with a person that does not know Him.

I had the chance about a year ago to tell a rather large group of people, at least large by my standards, about the love that Christ has for us. I am terrified of getting up on a stage and speaking aloud to a congregation, but on this day I had my fear literally taken from me. I had recently been on a spiritual retreat known as the “Walk to Emmaus” and was given the opportunity to tell of my experience of the retreat. This was my chance to spread the word! I was amazed by how God took my fear and replaced it with confidence to share His love for me.

Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for the Words you have given to us. Please help us to not be fearful of speaking to others about You and your love for us. Let us spread your Word to all that we meet. Replace our fear with confidence to promote You like the Blues Brothers promoting their big show. Amen.
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment